1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
2 green onions cut into 2″ lengths
1-1.5 cups Thai basil leaves, loosely packed
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 birds eye chilis chopped
2 tbsp neutral oil (I used Peanut)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup water
- Combine sauce ingredients, mix, and set aside.
- This is a very fast cooking time, be quick. Heat oil in pan over high heat and add garlic and chili. Cook for 10-20 seconds.
- Add the scallion whites and chicken. Cook for a couple minutes until chicken no longer looks pink.
- Add sauce and cook until sauce reduces to a silky, glossy consistency. It should coat the back of a spoon but slide off easily.
- Toss green part of green onions into pan as well as the basil leaves. Stir until wilted and turn off the heat.
- Serve with hot rice. Save some fresh basil, finely chopped scallions, and maybe some sesame seeds for garnish.