4 Chinese Long Eggplant, sliced
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp ginger, minced
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1-2 Thai chilis, sliced (optional)
Scallions, sliced for garnish
1. Place sliced eggplant in a large bowl or tray on top of some paper towels. Sprinkle salt on both sides and allow to sit for 30-60 minutes. Pat dry.
2. Combine sauce ingredients in bowl and mix.
3. After patting dry eggplant, coat eggplant in corn starch. Add oil to a wok or pan and fry eggplant in batches until browned on both sides and slightly softened. Transfer to plate.
4. Add more oil if needed to pan. Fry ginger, garlic, and chilis until fragrant. Add eggplant back into pan and toss. Mix sauce thoroughly so cornstarch is evenly distributed without and pour over eggplant. Stir until sauce thickens and evenly coats eggplant.
5. Transfer to plate and top with scallions. Serve immediately with rice or noodles.