2 tbsp butter
8 oz andoullie sausage, cut into 1/4″ slices
2 tbsp ground paprika
1 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1 large green bell pepper diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 green onions thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp salt
1 bay leaf
1 cup of rice
3 cups of chicken stock
1 lb of large shrimp, peeled & deveined
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Place butter and sausage in a large pot over medium high heat; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes until sausage starts to brown
2. Stir in paprika, cumin, cayenne and incorporate
3. Add tomatoes, onions, green pepper, celery, garlic, salt, and bay leaf into mixture.
4. Add rice and stir to combine. Stir in chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is tender.
5. When rice is just tender, add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes. Season with black pepper and adjust with salt if needed.
6. Serve hot in bowl and top with green onion tops and parsley.